Tropical Carrot Salad
- 2 cups shredded carrots (2 to 3 carrots)
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
- In a medium serving bowl, combine carrots, pineapple and raisins.
- Stir in mayonnaise or yogurt and nuts or seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Save leftover pineapple and juice in the refrigerator for a few days, or freeze for longer storage.
- Leftover pineapple can be used in smoothies, fruit salads and more. See FoodHero.org for recipes.
Download the recipe here!
||Southern Tier SNAP-Ed is funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program- SNAP. SNAP provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. To find out more, go to www.myBenefits.ny.gov or contact 1-800-342-3009. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.