Source: CCE Onondaga County SNAP-Ed NY
- 1/2 lb. Turkey bacon or 2 Tbsp. Bacon bits
- 5-6 cups chopped broccoli, bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- 2 Tbsp sugar or honey
- 3 Tbsp vinegar (red wine or apple cider)
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise
- (Optional add-ins: 1 carrot shredded, 1/2 dried cranberries, 1/4 c. sunflower seeds)
- Cook bacon, cool and crumble into a bowl. If using bacon bits, mix in with other ingredients.
- Add cut broccoli to bacon. Add onion and cheese, and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to broccoli , mix well.
- Chill several hours. Stir before serving. Enjoy!
Southern Tier SNAP-Ed is funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program- SNAP. SNAP provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. To find out more, go to www.myBenefits.ny.gov or contact 1-800-342-3009. This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For more information, visit snapedny.org