Bell Pepper Nachos
Source: foodhero.org, Prep time: 5 minutes, Cooking time: 15 minutes, Makes: 8 cups
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (try a mixture-chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, pepper)
- 2 cups cooked meat (chopped or shredded), beans, or tofu
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash bell peppers, remove seeds and cut into bite-sized pieces. Arrange pieces close together in a single layer on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa, seasonings and meat, beans or tofu. Spoon the mixture evenly over pepper pieces then top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
For added flavor, top with chopped cilantro, green onions or black olives!
Download the recipe here!
Southern Tier SNAP-Ed is funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program- SNAP. SNAP provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. To find out more, go to www.myBenefits.ny.gov or contact 1-800-342-3009. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.