Source: foodhero.org, Prep time: 5 minutes, Cooking time: 10 minutes, Makes: 4 cups
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups peas (about 2 cans [14.5 ounces each] drained or 16 ounces frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat margarine or butter in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add peas and cook 2-3 minutes or until peas are heated through.
- Add lemon juice and pepper and mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other types of cheese or a blend!
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.
Download the recipe here!
Southern Tier SNAP-Ed is funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program- SNAP. SNAP provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. To find out more, go to www.myBenefits.ny.gov or contact 1-800-342-3009. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.